Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Genevieve Blesch


The July 30th spotlight features Genevieve Blesch, a Fall 2010 initiate of the Theta Tau chapter. 

Alpha Chi Omega has been in my family for two generations prior to me, but I only learned the true meaning of this fact after I had made the decision that Alpha Chi Omega was right for me. My father’s mom, Lela Jutton, and her two sisters, Mary and Dorothy Jutton, were all in Alpha Chi Omega at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The mother of those three women, Mary Busey, was also an Alpha Chi Omega at UIUC. Because my father is an only child, Alpha Chi Omega had to skip a generation, but when it became my turn to choose a sorority, my father did not want to overly influence my decision. I had always heard stories about the sorority that my grandmother was in, but I did not realize the significance of joining that sorority until after I accepted my bid to Alpha Chi Omega. My father and I were both thrilled that I was going to continue the Alpha Chi Omega legacy! The sisters and best friends that I made through Alpha Chi Omega are the ones I want to keep in my life forever. I cannot even begin to imagine what my life would be like without my experience in Alpha Chi Omega.



No comments:

Post a Comment