Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Ashley Garrison


The August 27th spotlight features Ashley Garrison, a Fall 2006 initiate of the Theta Tau chapter.

I chose Alpha Chi Omega to meet new people and have new experiences.  Rutgers is a large school and it is important to make smaller communities within the larger Rutgers community. I went to a Meet the Sisters event because of a friend in AXO.  I loved it. The girls I met were personable, fun, and interesting. Mainly, it was the girls themselves that made me join AXO. They were easy to talk to and made me feel comfortable being there.  There are other great things about AXO: philanthropy, social events, and more but it was really the sisters themselves that made me want to be a sister of Alpha Chi Omega.

Looking back on my time in Alpha Chi Omega, it has changed me for the better.  I have my job thanks to a sister in AXO. I also ran for the executive board and gained experience and confidence in leadership positions.  I also made strong friendships; two of my bridesmaids are Alpha Chi's.

Being in Alpha Chi Omega has changed both my college and alum experiences, and I would not have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment