Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Jeanna Dressel


This week's Why Alpha Chi spotlight features Jeanna Dressel, a spring 2013 initiate of the Theta Tau chapter. 

When I started at Rutgers, I never imagined I would join Greek life. I had seen it played out in movies and bought in to believing the stereotypes. I spent most of my days on campus to my self; I was a commuter, and—I only hung out with my friends from pre-college. I didn’t have a whole lot of luck making friends with people in my classes.  My junior year, when my friends were planning to study abroad, I decided to step way out of my box and participate in formal recruitment.  Doing it alone was pretty scary!  But, every time I walked into the Alpha Chi house the sisters made me feel something that I didn’t feel anywhere else.  It was like a sigh of relief! I never felt like I had to try hard-- these girls wanted to know me and I felt like I could be myself always, one hundred percent! Because I took a risk-- and accepted my bid from Alpha Chi, I have so many incredible memories and opportunities I wouldn’t have had otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment