Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Jennifer Ross


This week's Why Alpha Chi spotlight feature Jennifer Ross. 

I joined Alpha Chi and the Theta Tau chapter my freshman year in spring 2007. Before college, I never thought about being a part of a sorority. To be honest, I didn't know much about them until I came out to a COB event. My distinct memory of that night was the overwhelmingly warm welcome I received at the little green house on Union Street. Through conversation, I found girls just like me in our interests, our ambitions and our collegiate experience. I knew immediately this was where I wanted to be.

Joining Alpha Chi, I found friends I could talk to, complain with, laugh with, and who I wanted to spend the majority of my time with at school. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. I knew Alpha Chi and Theta Tau were where I belonged and I made sure to make the very best of my experience.

Through my leadership experiences at Alpha Chi, I learned organization, patience, and how to teach and learn from my sisters. Alpha Chi taught me to be more charitable and selfless. In my four years as an undergraduate, I supported many causes and continue to do so as an alumna. Some of my favorite memories are participating and marching in "Take Back the Night”, dancing at Dance Marathon, and playing volleyball/dodgeball for a cause, all alongside my sisters.

Alpha Chi taught me a great deal about friendship, especially how to be a listening ear and soundboard. Some of my very best friends are Alpha Chis. 

And so when someone asks me why Alpha Chi, I‘m proud to explain in the most certain terms what an amazing experience it is having sisters for life.


No comments:

Post a Comment